I've decided to start with Colourpop's Crystal Liquid Highlighter in Aquamarine. I picked this up on a whim, kinda. I've been coveting CoverFX's Custom Enhancer Drops in Halo since they came out earlier this year, but they're $52 Canadian for 15ml. Nahhhh. Even the most beautiful holographic liquid highlighter isn't worth that much. Enter my interest in the Crystal Liquid Highlighter. Colourpop has approximately five million product releases in a week, so the fact that the Crystal collection (liquid highligher, lip balm, and setting spray) wasn't on my radar originally isn't super surprising, but a well-timed Instagram post from Colourpop piqued my interest and I wandered over to the site.
Top blended out, bottom heavily swatched
Colourpop's marketing copy for this is even more hilarious than their normal stuff. Apparently "All Items in this collection have been infused with crushed Aquamarine crystals and inspirited with actual gemstones during the production process." Okay, then. Aquamarine is "Blue with a violet flip infused with crushed Aquamarine Crystals." More of it is about crystals and their properties, which something I don't hold store with - to me, they are pretty rocks and that's cool, but let's not pretend they're more than they are.
I swear, I'm actually fun at parties, for all my dour hand-wringing over this sort of thing.
One pump of highlighter.
A few other things of note:
- despite the ludicrous marketing copy, this is really pretty and iridescent
- it's $9USD, so on the more expensive end of Colourpop's products
- but you get 25ml which is a crazy amount of liquid highlighter
- you definitely don't need very much
- the pump, while far preferable to a dropper, does have a tendency to dispense more product that you need. Colourpop says to use a pump or two of the product, which I assume is great if you want to shine like a disco ball, but normally I don't and end up wasting some product
- but again, this bottle is 25ml which is a crazy amount of liquid highlighter
- this formula is lightweight and pigmented
- And pretty. Did I mention it was pretty?
- It also lasts all day
That unicorn glow.
More subtle shimmer in my office, featuring pictures from toddlers behind me.
It blends well on top of foundation and bare skin, and it is so stinkin' pretty. I know I keep saying this, but if there's any Colourpop product that I've been suitably impressed with, it's this, because it's beautiful, relatively unique, and the packaging is unique in the Colourpop lineup, as well as functional. If you wanted a unique highlighter, check these out when they're back in stock. And then consider covering all parts of your body in shimmer, because you're going to have a fuckton of highlighter.